Here is a look at some of the things I fixed up and brought over to my brothers house. If you haven’t seen the before and after home tour pictures, be sure and do it!
I spotted this little guy at the thrift store for 10.00. The top was very scratched up (it wasn’t solid wood) but other than that it seemed like a great find. I bet you could set books in that area underneath – wouldn’t that be fun!
The steps were very simple:
1.) Sand down top (I didn’t get it to the bare wood but I did roughen it up quite a bit)
2.) Spray (or hand paint) with a grey primer
3.) Spray (or hand paint) with a few layers of the color of your choice!
This is my sand job – I guess we’ll see if it holds up, I’m sure it will. For 10 bucks I didn’t want to spend forever sanding and being that it was laminate it also made it harder to sand down. Just be sure and clean up ALL the dust with a damp rag before you begin your painting.
Here he is!
Not bad for a total of 10 bucks!!! I think my brother really liked it.
Next up, my funny (kind of) curtain dying project!
I found these curtains for 3.00 but they were yellow and I wanted them brown so my first thought was maybe I could “tea dye” them. I soaked them in a tub of tea for days! I used empty bottles to push the curtains down so they would be fully covered by the tea water bath.
Next up – the curtain rings! Since I only paid 3.00 for the pair of curtains I wanted to find super cheap curtain rings. I thought, why not just use shower rings! I found a them at the dollar store and bought 2 sets and spray painted them!
There you have it! Some of my fun cheap fix ups on my brothers home!
Linking to YHL - Curtain dying is shown in their new book!