I LOVE this recipe because it’s simple and yet so tangy and tasty. I like to think it’s fairly healthy because it has a lot of raw broccoli in it and fresh grapes. (it’s healthy - right?) I do not like to rush around on the day of an event so any recipe that can be made the night before, like this one, is HUGE for me!
Broccoli Grape Salad (adapted from cooking second )
- 4 c. red grapes, cut in half (red looks great against the green broccoli)
- 1 broccoli head, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 lb. bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 1/2 red onion, sliced or minced up
- 1/2 c slivered almonds
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- 1/3 c. sugar with 1 tsp. Stevia Powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- Cook bacon.
- Combine mayonnaise, sugar/stevia & vinegar. Set aside.
- Combine grapes, broccoli, bacon, & onion.
- Pour dressing over salad; toss until combined.
- Let sit in fridge overnight, if desired (this just lets the flavors meld together a bit, it almost marinades the broccoli).
- Before serving sprinkle almonds on top and optional sliced strawberries. (hey, it really looked pretty!)
~ Creative Juices Decor~