As promised, here is the post dedicated just to the artwork from the room below:
Here is how she did it.
1. Figure out how large you want the piece to be
2. Go search on art.com or a similar poster site for extra large pics - of whatever you want (this is where most the cost comes in)
3. Once you have the large piece, tape it to a flat surface, like the kitchen floor. The piece will be a mosaic, so you have to consider, when trimming down, that whatever is under the frame surround will be slightly altered when moved to the next frame - faces: HARD, landscape, EASY, anything with lots of movement: REALLY EASY.
4. Purchase a series of frames (dollar store, Ikea, Walmart) that represent your style and arrange only the outside frame part on the picture. (take them entirely apart)
5. Once the pattern you want is on the large poster, carefully place a "tick" mark on the corners of each frame. Remove frames and draw lines and cut.
6. Organize the picture in the frames and put together the frames with glass, etc.
7. Hot glue together (or, whatever adhesive works for the product of frame chosen) and allow to dry. Test the strength of the piece by holding it on one end. If the adhesive does not work, try something else
8. Install using guidelines for hanging large art.
There you have it! Thank you Kaylene for showing us this! If you want to see the FULL before and after post on how she turned this room from blah to wow just click the link.
Now friends, let your imagination run wild. Do you think you’ll do something like this in your house? I know I want to!