Without further ado......this is my friend Heather from Mom4Life blog :-)
Hi Creative Juices Decor readers! I am a former scrapbook junkie. Although I no longer "scrap," I have yet to officially get rid of my supplies. This recently worked to my advantage when I came across an idea on Pinterest using buttons. "I have buttons," I thought. "I need to make this!" The project was not only fun, but proved to be a lovely addition to the mantle above our fireplace (just don't look too close because I see that one button has apparently gone rogue).
Want to make one of your own?
1) Print off the letter you wish to use for your monogram from your computer in the font and size of your choice.
2) Cut the letter out and discard.
3) Place your letter stencil over the fabric you wish to glue your button's on.
4) Arrange your button's to your liking inside the border of your stencil.
5) Remove the stencil and hot glue the buttons in place.
6) Allow the glue to dry and frame. I used a frame I already had on hand and simply removed the glass from the front.
Aside from being a fun craft for your home, I think button monograms would also make a really lovely wedding gift to a new couple. Or if you used colorful buttons, coordinating fabric and a brightly colored frame you would have a really unique baby shower gift! If you are like me and have more than your fair share of buttons, you might enjoy these additional Pinerest ideas on how to craft with recycled buttons.
What other creative ideas can you think of for this project?
*Please note that the original Pinterest link for this button monogram project no longer takes me to the actual tutorial otherwise I would have linked directly to it. However, the website from which the project was found is the Better Homes and Gardens do it yourself blog.